Job Vacancy: Children and Young People’s Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (CHISVA)
NRC has a vacancy for a part-time Children and Young People’s Independent Sexual Violence Advisor on a three year fixed term contract funded by BBC Children In Need.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the nature and impact of sexual violence and experience of working with survivors. They will be required to work within a multi-agency setting to provide a pro-active service to children and young people aged 10 years and over who are survivors of sexual violence, within and outside of the criminal justice system to:
- Risk assess and help children and young people keep safe
- Support children and young people to access their rights
- Support children and young people to access health and other services they require
- Monitor and keep children and young people informed of case progress
- Provide emotional and practical support through the criminal justice system if necessary
- Consider and respond to child safeguarding issues when engaging with all children and young people
The post is based in Northampton but you will be required to support clients across Northamptonshire; an ability to travel throughout the county is essential.
Salary: 30 hours per week, £22,200 pro rata, (£18,000 actual salary)
If you are interested in applying please call 01604 250721 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NRC reserves the right only to recruit women. This has legal verification under the Sexual Discrimination Act 1975 Section 7(ii) (e) amended in 1986 and 2008 and incorporated in the Equality Act 2010.
- Closing date for applications is 3rd August 2018
- Interviews will be held week commencing 13th August 2018
- Possible second interviews week commencing 20th August 2018