We have vacancies for voluntary trustees!
Do you believe in a world free from sexual violence? Are you interested in using your skills to make a real difference to survivors in Northamptonshire? If so, you could be the Trustee we’re looking for.
NRC is a registered charity which supports local survivors who have experienced sexual abuse or rape. We provide counselling and other services including support groups and advocacy.
We are currently recruiting trustees to help deliver our strategy and support the staff and volunteers who provide NRC services on a day-to-day basis.
We expect trustees to:
- attend regular trustee meetings every two months (evening) in Northampton;
- participate in training and an annual away-day (usually on a Saturday);
- attend the annual AGM;
- be actively involved in-between trustee meetings by responding to emails promptly, reviewing documents, attending teleconferences and managing any project you may have taken on;
- support NRC events and activities and take a proactive approach to fundraising;
- be able to commit an average of 5 hours per month, mostly in the evenings but with some flexibility for occasional daytime activities; and
- commit to at least two years of service.
In return we can offer you:
- the chance to put something into the local community and have an indirect impact on survivors’ lives at a time when they need support;
- the opportunity to contribute to the development of an organisation at an exciting point in our history;
- the ability to contribute to the Rape Crisis and broader women’s movement; and
- the opportunity to develop skills and experience in a range of areas including governance, employment, equal opportunities, fundraising, publicity, finance.
We are looking for women who have an interest in issues around violence against women and girls and who can work as a member of a team. This position is unpaid, but travel expenses can be claimed.
In line with our membership of Rape Crisis England and Wales. 75% of NRC’s Board of Trustees including Chair, Vice-Chair and Treasurer must be women.