Take the #TwoPointSixChallenge this weekend!
Due to the awful COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of charity fundraising events are now cancelled, which means a loss of funding to charities of approximately £4billion.
As a charity that receives no public funding, we rely on donations to provide support for those who have been sexually abused, assaulted or raped and that’s why we’re asking for your help.
This Sunday was meant to be the 40th London Marathon, an event that raised £66.4million for charities in 2019. However, with the marathon now cancelled, Sunday will see the 2.6 challenge take place across the UK in its place, and we’d love you to take it in aid of Northamptonshire Rape Crisis.
What is the 2.6 challenge?
The challenge is to perform an activity centred around 2.6 and variations of it, i.e. 26, 260 or 0.26. You can ask family and friends to sponsor you, or you can use it as a sign that you have donated.
The challenge will officially take place on Sunday 26th April 2020; however, you can donate and fundraise before then as well.
To take the challenge on behalf of NRC, you can set-up a fundraising page here.
What can I do?
Being in the same space for several weeks may seem tedious and repetitive, but it could be the perfect motivation to complete a 2.6 challenge! Here are 26 creative ways you can use the space in your house to take part in and support us.
1) Do 26 kick-ups with a toilet roll (or just the tube!)
2) Spin in a circle 26 times and then try and walk in a straight line
3) See how many items of clothing you can put on in 26 seconds
4) Run on-the-spot for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes if you speed the footage up no one will ever know!)
5) Complete 26 dance moves in one song
6) Paint 26 layers of nail polish on your nails
7) Make 26 cupcakes and decorate them in relation to your favourite charity
8) See how many times you can walk/run up and down your stairs in 2.6 minutes (2 minutes 36 seconds)
9) Hop on one foot around the house for 2.6 minutes (2 minutes 36 seconds)
10) Do 260-star jumps (or 26 if you’d prefer)
11) Do some yoga for 26 minutes (if you have a dog, try some doga!)
12) Write down 26 things you are grateful for
13) Walk/run/cycle (or all three!) for 2.6 miles (you can go outside for this one!)
14) Try and keep a balloon or ball off the floor 26 times using different parts of your body
15) Do a plank for 26 seconds (or 2.6 minutes if you’re feeling energetic)
16) Perform 26 impressions (this can be talking or acting out people or animals)
17) Make 26 pancakes
18) Try and name 26 members of the royal family
19) Renovate a room in 2.6 days (or hours if you’re feeling brave!)
20) Nominate 26 of your friends and families to take part and donate
21) Write a 26-word story
22) Learn the word “support” in 26 languages
23) Create a sock puppet show that lasts 2.6 minutes (2 minutes 36 seconds)
24) Rotate things in your house 260 degrees
25) Create a workout with 26 different exercises
26) Draw 26 animals
This list shows that staying at home doesn’t have to be boring and that you can be creative with the things you have at your disposal!
Take part in the #TwoPointSixChallenge and donate to NRC here!
Tag us on our social media handles so we can celebrate your plans and achievements and share them with our amazing community!